As the Champions League moves into the final stages, some clear favourites are starting to emerge. Who is on course to claim the European title and how are the odds trending?
We also track the following betting markets – take a look to see current odds and trends over time:
- Euro 2021 – Winner Odds
- Euro 2021 – Top Scorer Odds
- NBA – Championship Winner Odds
- F1 World Championship Odds
- Premier League – Relegation Odds
- Premier League – Top Four Odds
- Wimbledon – Mens Singles Championship Odds
Champions League Winner – Latest Odds Impacting Odds & Favourites:
- 6th May – Betting is suspended on Real Madrid and PSG as each team is knocked out by Chelsea and Manchester City respectively. Manchester City are big favourites to win the final at the bookies – they’re priced at 4/9 to win the Champions League at Bet365.
- 29th April – Manchester City’s win away at PSG in the first leg of their semi-final sees them extend their lead as bookies favourite. PSG, meanwhile, plummet from second-favourites to the bottom of the rankings.
- 28th April – In the first leg of their semi-final tie, Chelsea draw 1-1 with Real Madrid, scoring a potentially vital away goal. Bookmakers now favour Chelsea over Real Madrid to win the competition.
- 15th April – After beating Borussia Dortmund in both legs, Manchester City consolidated their position as favourites. They have been drawn against PSG who went through on away goals against Bayern Munich. Bookies don’t seem to favour Real Madrid or Chelsea’s chances, with the teams ranking as the bookmaker’s second-least and least favourites to win the Champions League, respectively.
- 9th April – Manchester City beat Borussia Dortmund 2-1 at home in the first leg of their quarter-final, strengthening their position as favourites. A convincing away win for Chelsea against Porto sees the London side move up to second favourite, while PSG’s thrilling win away in Munich means the probability on the reigning champions tumble. In Spain, Real Madrid’s resounding 3-1 win against Liverpool sees them shoot up the rankings.
- 19th March – The quarter-final draw is made and Manchester City are the clear favourites having been pitted against a Borussia Dortmund side struggling for form. Pep Guardiola’s men go into the tie with a probability of 32.48% of winning the tournament outright. Bayern Munich are the next favourites after being drawn against last season’s losing finalists PSG.
Current odds to win the 2020/2021 UEFA Champions League:
|Club||Fractional odds||American odds|
Above odds sourced via bet365 and updated 06/05/2021
About the data
We monitor trends in odds on key markets of interest by tracking a range of UK and international bookmakers. The update frequency varies, but is clearly shown on all our tables and charts. After fetching odds direct from bookies, we convert them to implied probability to make them easier to manage (read more on implied probability and converting from fractional to % probability). We then take the mean average implied probability to get a consensus view across the betting industry. This average implied probability is what we show on our charts and tables.