There is no shortage of attacking talent around the corner at Euro 2024. Kylian Mbappe and Cristiano Ronaldo are amongst the favourites with the bookies, as well as Belgian Romelu Lukaku and England’s Harry Kane. We’ll be tracking the chase for the golden boot with the latest odds and a detailed odds history, showing how each forward’s chances have been rated by the bookies since the start of April 2021.
We also track the following betting markets – take a look to see current odds and trends over time:
- Euro 2024 – Winner Odds
- Love Island 2022 Winner Odds
- NBA – Championship Winner Odds
- F1 World Championship Odds
- Wimbledon – Mens Singles Championship Odds
Euro 2021 Top Scorer – Final Updates Impacting Odds & Favourites:
- 11th July – Cristiano Ronaldo has finished as the top scorer of the tournament with five goals and an assist.
- 8th July – Odds shorten on Harry Kane as he scores against Denmark to fire England into the final.
- 7th July – Odds remain largely the same across the board. Betting on Alvaro Morata is suspended as Spain are eliminated by Italy.
- 5th July – Bookies shorten odds on Patrik Schick. Betting is suspended on Andriy Yarmolenko and Roman Yaremchuk as Ukraine are eliminated. Odds are shortened on Harry Kane after his brace against Ukraine, while odds are lengthened on Raheem Sterling
- 3rd July – Betting is suspended on Romelu Lukaku after Belgium are eliminated. Bookies shorten odds on Cristiano Ronaldo despite Portugal’s Round of 16 exit, as the Czech Republic are eliminated, meaning Patrik Schick cannot overtake his tally. Odds are marginally shortened on Harry Kane after his brace against Ukraine in the quarter-finals.
- 30th June – Bookies shorten odds on Raheem Sterling after he scores his third goal at the competition to fire England to victory over Germany, who are eliminated.
- 29th June – Betting is suspended on Karim Benzema, Antoine Griezmann and Kylian Mbappé as France are eliminated. Odds shift as the quarter-finals fixtures take shape – odds are shortened on bookies’ favourite Cristiano Ronaldo and Patrik Schick. Odds are lengthened on Romelu Lukaku.
- 28th June – Ronaldo remains the favourite amongst bookmakers, however his odds are lengthened as odds are shortened on Romelu Lukaku and Patrik Schick who scored to fire the Czech Republic into the quarter-finals. Betting is suspended on Gini Wijnaldum and Memphis Depay after the Netherlands are eliminated.
- 24th June – Ronaldo storms into the lead following his brace against France. The Portuguese frontman is now one goal away from breaking the record for most international goals, which is currently held by Ali Daei of Iran. Former leader, Lukaku falls into second place after Belgium were drawn against Portgual in the last 16.
- 22nd June – After scoring against Finland to become joint top goalscorer with three goals, Romelu Lukaku regains his place as bookies’ favourite over Cristiano Ronaldo.
- 21st June – Ronaldo emerges as the latest bookies’ favourite after scoring against Germany to take his tally to three. Bookies shorten odds on Patrik Schick, who also takes his tally to three after his goal against Croatia. Odds are shortened on previous favourites Kylian Mbappè and Harry Kane.
- 18th June – After failing to score in Belgium’s 2-1 win against Denmark, Lukaku’s odds fall to 23.06%. He is still the favourite, but his lead over Ronaldo is now just 3.67%.
- 17th June – Ciro Immobile rises to third-favourite on 12.64% following his late goal in Italy’s 3-0 home win over Switzerland.
- 16th June – Cristiano Ronaldo becomes the highest goalscorer in European Championships history following his brace in Portugal’s 3-0 win over Hungary. He shoots into second favourite with a combined probability of 18.84%. Bookies open betting on Patrik Schick after scoring a brace against Scotland.
- 14th June – After scoring twice in Belgium’s opening game, Bookies significantly shorten odds on Lukaku. Odds also shorten on Ciro Immobile, who scored in the tournament opener. Odds lengthen on all other players in consideration.
- 7th June – With the tournament less than a week away, England captain Harry Kane is the bookies’ favourite to land the Golden Boot, closely followed by Belgium’s Romelu Lukaku and France’s Kylian Mbappé.
Final Euro 2021 top goalscorer odds:
|Player||Fractional odds||American odds|
Above odds sourced via bet365 and updated 30/06/2021
About the data
We monitor trends in odds on key markets of interest by tracking a range of UK and international bookmakers. The update frequency varies, but is clearly shown on all our tables and charts. After fetching odds direct from bookies, we convert them to implied probability to make them easier to manage (read more on implied probability and converting from fractional to % probability). We then take the mean average implied probability to get a consensus view across the betting industry. This average implied probability is what we show on our charts and tables.